Online safety is a topic that every parent would love to their children to stay focused on.
Today’s kids are more computer savvy than other generation and internet become a part of their life for learning and fun.
Separating kids from digital world is just nor possible or advisable. So parents should have an open and frank conversation with their kids on how to use internet safely.
Here is the list of the top 10 online safety tips that parents should discuss with their kids:
1. Don’t give out your personal information online
2. Never share your password with anyone other than your parents
3. Use pseudo-name online instead of real name
4. No face-to-face meeting with someone you met online without informing parents
5. Person on other side can be a scam or someone try to hurt you deliberately
6. Avoid using abusive words
7. Be careful what you post and upload online. It is hard to take back things once they have been posted online
8. Report to parents for any uncomfortable or bullying behavior
9. Keep computers in a common area of the house
10. Visit appropriate sites for kids
Check out online safety workshop for more details.