Failing. Not failed!
We are failing everyday and that is how a startup is different. It is a daily struggle to not be part of the ‘90% who failed’.
I started in 2012 and it has been quite a journey till Roo Kids Chat App. Always a right time to look back and revisit the lessons learnt. For the journey is not over yet.
Get Set, Go – The First Few Months in 2012
Gungroo was build with the vision of a safe & secure messaging for kids. That is how we started and that is what we are today. But somewhere along the way …
Private Family Network
The product started as a private network for families where an admin could allow kids logins to be created (without an email) and family members joining using their email address.
Education Magazines play an important role in India and it is one of the best source of latest information, knowledge and technology for everyone especially students and teachers. The main aim is to educate the public examination aspirants and students which also help to increase their ability skills, exam tips, GK, current affairs and many more.
Here is the top 10 largest circulated educational magazines in India:
WhatsApp for Kids? Yes, there is one for that.
Roo Kids is made by Gungroo Software. You can download here https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/roo-kids/id853763668?mt=8.
Parents want kids to explore, learn and master the digital world. But, the important concerns that parents have are:
- Strangers reaching out to their kids online
- Kids getting distracted during homework time or sleep time
The key features of Roo Kids that bring in safety are:
- Parents get to approve before anyone is added to their kid’s Contact list. Thus no stranger or unwanted person can sneak in
- Kids can block any existing friend with immediate effect
- Parents can set curfew time slots during which the live chat will not work
Roo Kids is for the iPad generation. This iPad generation is ready for messaging app like Roo Kids. We also believe that it is good for kids to experience a restricted app such as Roo Kids before moving into social networking sites, which provide less safety.
Features that make us cool.
- Parent creates the kid’s account and gets to choose the kid’s username
- No ‘Add Contact’ request reaches a kid unless approved by a parent
- Parents can set ‘Curfew Time’ during which the live chat will not work
- User Interface designed to appeal to kids
- Kids can report abusive content and users with immediate results
- All information (username, password, messages, etc.) are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- We do not display ads or sell / trade your personally identifiable information
Yes, your kid will love it! Check more info at Roo Kids site.
Ocean adventure movies have captured the fancy of many. A large number of breathtaking high adrenaline movies have been made over the years.
Here is a list of the top 5 ocean adventure movies which you are sure to love:
1. The Pirates of the Caribbean series: The Pirates of the Caribbean would never have been as it is without the presence of Captain Jack Sparrow, the notorious yet highly entertaining pirate.
2. Jaws series: What happens when you give the deadliest creature to roam the ocean the intelligence of a human? Tune in to the Jaws series to know more.
3. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World: The tale of a British warship in the time of Napoleonic war is one of the most gripping story of a ship ever told onscreen.
4. Open Water: When a diving boat by mistake leaves two divers in the ocean, it is a question of life and death and constant battle between man and the creatures of the ocean.
5. 20000 Leagues Under the Sea: An adaptation of the original story by Jules Verne, the movie is a classic and creates a league of its own.
Here is the Best 4 Timeless Classic Movies for Kids:
To convey the timeless family values to your kids without the traditional teachy preachy approach, Marry Poppins is the perfect movie.
Pinnochio, as the story and the movie is something every child must see. The wooden puppet Pinnochio, his growing nose and the whole experience would be loved by the kids.
The Harry Potter series is something that every kid must watch for two reasons – one, it is full of entertainment & special effects and second, kids will learn to stand against evil.
What many kids dream of doing is very well depicted in this timeless classic by Disney, where Swiss Family Robinson lives in a wonderful tree house, on their own island, have waterslides in the backyard of their house and they race on ostriches.
There are many video games to play for kids with the introduction of much new technology especially to create video games. All games are not recommendable for kids. However there are some games that you can choose for your kids which will also help them in improving their memory skills and verbal communication.
To help you with some games:
1. You can choose the puzzle video games
2. You can choose memory games that improve your kids memory
3. Choose games with alphabets and numeric
4. Choose safe to play racing games that can help improving the concentration power
5. Choose two player games such as chess board and scrabble
Though there are many games available to play for boys, they stick on to any particular choice of games, be it outdoor or indoor. If you are looking for some best choices of games for your kids, then here is a guide for you:
1. Try to identify the outdoor games that your boy may interest
3. Try to introduce them some indoor games such as chess board, business
4. Try to engage your boy with quiz games with other kids of his age group
5. Try to introduce him with some sports like tennis, basketball and more
Photo By Bryan Adams
There are many extracurricular activities available for the kids apart from their regular studies. It is very important to get your child engaged in such activities in order to divert them from the burden of studies and also to make them learn something new in addition to education.
To help you find some useful and interesting activities for your kids:
1. You can join your kids to swimming practice
2. You can join your kids for scatting and cycling activities
3. You can engage your kids with art or drawing activities
4. You can engage your child with dance and music classes
5. You can help your kids participate in some sports events
If your child has started going to school, then the most challenging tasks for every parent is to make them study well. It is very difficult to make the kids understand the importance of the education and also make them grasp the things easily.
To help you with some tips to make your kids study well, here are a few:
2. Try to teach them the alphabets and numeric with songs and activities
3. Try to engage them with some games that are especially meant for learning alphabets
4. You can make use of the mathematical games to make them learn numbers
5. Teach them more rhymes with music