Kids are always fascinated by fairy tales. These stories, though fictional, also contain some underlying meanings and also serve as moral stories apart from being a enchanting tale. Reading books is always a very good habit which must be encouraged from a very tender age. Gifting children fairy tales is a great way to ensure that they soon get into this habit.
Here is a list of some of the most beautiful fairy tales of all times:
1. Cinderella: The story of a simple girl who wins over a prince.
2. Rapunzel: A princess trapped in a high tower oblivious of the fact that she is a princess. Who will save her?
3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The magic mirror proclaims Snow White as the fairest, frightened she flees into the forest and befriends seven loving dwarfs. What happens next?
4. Beauty and the Beast: Can the Beauty really turn the Beast?
5. The Ugly Duckling: Shunted by her peers for being different can the duckling find her place?
6. Alladin: The Arabian Nights tale of a thief who ultimately wins over the kingdom.
7. The Gingerbread Man: An ideal story for the kids.
8. Sleeping Beauty: Who will wake up the beautiful princess from her indefinite sleep, and how?
Reading is certainly a good habit and an important habit which you must inculcate in your kids. To develop their interest in reading, you can start with stories.
Researchers have proved that kids who have spent time with their parents while they were reading, become better at studying and reading. But most of the kids consider books as boring. Thus, a better alternative are animal magazines.
Since magazines include lot of pictures and are easy to read, kids find them interesting, especially the animal magazines. So, give your kid an information oriented magazine with fun facts about animals.
Here are the top 10 animal magazines for your kids:
While children are young, we can guide them to watch informative and good entertaining movies from which they can learn something.
Following are four ways, which can be followed by parents to make their kids watch useful movies:
1. The movies based on wildlife and animals, like the National Geographic movies will give loads of information to your kids in entertaining way.
2. As they start growing older, you can make them watch entertaining and educational shows like the ones showed on Planet earth, Life Channels and Discovery Channel.
3. Try the movies about and from different countries to make them learn about different cultures and living conditions.
4. There are many animation movies made for kids like Finding Nemo, Kungfu Panda etc.