1. Keep your computer in open area of the home
2. Spend “cybertime” with your kids
3. Teach Internet rules and consequences of breaking them
4. Parent your values in their online life like you do in real life
5. Limit online time like for outdoor playtime, TV, etc.
6. Explain what personal information is and to not share it
7. Be aware of social engineering tricks used by online scam
8. Set safe setting on all popular sites your kids use—
These are excerpt from our ‘Workshop: Online Safety for Kids’ session. The workshop is geared towards audience that is not very Internet savvy and based in India. While we build our product, as part of social effort, Gungroo conducts a workshop on Online Safety in apartments and school to create awareness on the subject.