A phobia is a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the body reacts the feelings of anxiety. Children have more fear and phobias than grown-up person and it can be hard to judge exactly what is causing it.
Children are likely to cry, scream or shout, or simply run away when confronted by the things they fear. Paleness, perspiration and trembling are also signs of severe anxiety. Phobias are treatable with cognitive and behavioral therapy techniques.
Here is the list of the top 10 phobias (fears) among the kids:
1. Trypanophobia – Fear of Injections
2. Cynophobia – Fear of Dogs
3. Nyctophobia – Fear of Darkness
4. Pteromerhanophobia – Fear of Flying
5. Acrophobia – Fear of Heights
6. Arachnophobia – Fear of Spiders
7. Phasmophobia – Fear of Ghosts
8. Ophidiophobia – Fear of Snakes
9. Astraphobia – Fear of Thunder and Lightning
10. Thanatophobia – Fear of Death
It is very important for the family to support their children and always stand by when they are having a problem. Parents should always be aware that some intense fears are quite a natural developmental stage and will ease naturally.