WhatsApp for Kids? Yes, there is one for that.
Roo Kids is made by Gungroo Software. You can download here https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/roo-kids/id853763668?mt=8.
Parents want kids to explore, learn and master the digital world. But, the important concerns that parents have are:
- Strangers reaching out to their kids online
- Kids getting distracted during homework time or sleep time
The key features of Roo Kids that bring in safety are:
- Parents get to approve before anyone is added to their kid’s Contact list. Thus no stranger or unwanted person can sneak in
- Kids can block any existing friend with immediate effect
- Parents can set curfew time slots during which the live chat will not work
Roo Kids is for the iPad generation. This iPad generation is ready for messaging app like Roo Kids. We also believe that it is good for kids to experience a restricted app such as Roo Kids before moving into social networking sites, which provide less safety.
Features that make us cool.
- Parent creates the kid’s account and gets to choose the kid’s username
- No ‘Add Contact’ request reaches a kid unless approved by a parent
- Parents can set ‘Curfew Time’ during which the live chat will not work
- User Interface designed to appeal to kids
- Kids can report abusive content and users with immediate results
- All information (username, password, messages, etc.) are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- We do not display ads or sell / trade your personally identifiable information
Yes, your kid will love it! Check more info at Roo Kids site.
Nowadays, it has become extremely difficult to keep your children safe in a world that is fraught with danger. While kidnappers are coming up with much clever and innovative ways, teaching your kids to deal strongly with strangers is quite imperative.
Activities to deal with stranger danger depend on grade and age of children. One of the good ways is by giving them practical activity teaching and playing up as strangers. This way, while in the safety of their parents, kids will learn how they can act when approached by strangers.
Also, tell your kids about the boundaries of their bodies. They must be taught that when touched by any stranger at an inappropriate place, they must immediately tell their parents.
Here’s an interview with Dinker Charak, founder of Gungroo, where he speaks at length about what inspired him to start Gungroo, and how Gungroo’s tools and apps can bring peace of mind to parents.
Excerpt: Safety is not a setting or a configuration and nor does the web come with a ‘Safe’ button. Kids do not go out looking for trouble most of the time. If the content they seek is presented in a simple and safe manner, they will not go roaming on web. Blocking away kids won’t work either. They will always find a way to reach the content they want to consume.
Gungroo is working on bringing relevant and required content to the kids and become the first site a kid goes to when they come online. This includes games, parent-sourced videos, contests, art apps and safe messaging. More …
Online safety is a topic that every parent would love to their children to stay focused on.
Today’s kids are more computer savvy than other generation and internet become a part of their life for learning and fun.
Separating kids from digital world is just nor possible or advisable. So parents should have an open and frank conversation with their kids on how to use internet safely.
Here is the list of the top 10 online safety tips that parents should discuss with their kids:
1. Don’t give out your personal information online
2. Never share your password with anyone other than your parents
3. Use pseudo-name online instead of real name
4. No face-to-face meeting with someone you met online without informing parents
5. Person on other side can be a scam or someone try to hurt you deliberately
6. Avoid using abusive words
7. Be careful what you post and upload online. It is hard to take back things once they have been posted online
8. Report to parents for any uncomfortable or bullying behavior
9. Keep computers in a common area of the house
10. Visit appropriate sites for kids
Check out online safety workshop for more details.
Teen Boys! Always love to try out something new and cool. Sometimes it is impossible to impress them. So I’ve listed some of the best gifts ideas for teens.
Here is the list of The Top 5 Birthday Gift Ideas for Teen Boys:
Boys are great fan of gadgets. Gadgets like music players, phones, headphones and gaming consoles are perfect gifts for teens.
Boys always like funky and cool looking stuffs and gifting wristwatch is a great idea.
Boys admire receiving a fragrance as a gift especially from their girl friends.
Cool cards for cool teen boys. Warofga is a physics game for Fun+learn and it’s a perfect gift for them.
5. Sport Items
Gifting sports items like basket ball, cricket ball, skate, etc are very common and exciting if they have room to play in.
1. Internet is like a public park – you will find the good and the bad
2. Information needs to be kept safe
3. Online scam use simple tricks (social engineering)
4. Inappropriate sites will find a way to reach you
5. Cyber bullying exists
6. Unattended Internet time is not same as unattended TV time or Video Game time
7. It is important to be part of kids online life, just like real life