Failing. Not failed!
We are failing everyday and that is how a startup is different. It is a daily struggle to not be part of the ‘90% who failed’.
I started in 2012 and it has been quite a journey till Roo Kids Chat App. Always a right time to look back and revisit the lessons learnt. For the journey is not over yet.
Get Set, Go – The First Few Months in 2012
Gungroo was build with the vision of a safe & secure messaging for kids. That is how we started and that is what we are today. But somewhere along the way …
Private Family Network
The product started as a private network for families where an admin could allow kids logins to be created (without an email) and family members joining using their email address.
Animated movies have become one of the best pastimes for the entire family.
Here is a list of the top 10 movies you should not miss:
1. Ice Age series: The Ice Age movies have become a pioneer among the animated series with 4 movies, all massive hit.
2. Ratatouille: The story of a mouse and a chef, a lovely heartwarming tale of friendship and many more.
3. How To Train Your Dragon: It reestablishes the fact that even the most ferocious looking animal can be tamed by showing love.
4. Brave: A brave little movie which celebrates the importance of family bonds.
5. Tangled: A lovely adaptation from Rapunzel that is sure to make your heart melt.
6. Up: Determination is everything. This exceptional animated movie is a must watch.
7. Wall E: The adorable robot love story will make you fall in love all over again.
8. Finding Nemo: Essentially a story of the bond between a father and his son, this is one exceptional story.
9. Monsters, Inc: Monsters are not always scary and the power of love is far greater than that of fear. This movie strongly establishes the fact.
10. The Lion King: The Disney movie is one of the most loved of all time.
Having a collection of some of the best comedy movies for kids is always of great help. Be it the holidays or a party, having some movie time for kids is the best way to keep them occupied and entertained, and what best other than the comedy movies.
He re is a list of top 10 funny movies for kids:
1. Night At The Museum: Hilarious yet captivating tale of a night guard at a museum who finds that history do come alive, literally.
2. The Game Plan: When an “unknown” daughter of a famous rugby player turns up on his doorstep, his world changes forever.
3. The Princess Diaries: A sweet tale of a teenager who is burdened with responsibilities.
4. Ice Age Series: This is probably one of the longest successfully running series of animated movies. A must watch for everyone.
5. Kung Fu Panda: Can a fat and out of shape Panda actually be a Kung Fu master? Time to find out.
6. Dr. Doolittle: He can talk to animals.
7. Madagaskar Series: Wild and their wilderness, a laugh riot.
8. Baby’s Day Out: This movie will never grow old.
9. Despicable Me: When a criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls as pawns for a grand scheme, he finds their love is profoundly changing him for the better.
10. OZ The Great And Powerful: A small-time magician is swept away to the enchanted land of Oz and is forced into a power struggle between three witches.
Kids have always been fascinated by animals. Here is a list of the best movies for your little ones which is bound to give them a fantastic experience:
1. Cats & Dogs (2001): The age old war between cats and dogs is taken to the next level when a cat decides to take over the world.
2. Air Bud (1997): A golden retriever who can play fantastic basketball. A must watch.
3. Homeward Bound (1993): A bull dog, a golden retriever and a cat decides to go on a journey to find the family who abandoned them on a vacation.
4. Marley & Me (2008): A heartwarming tale of a dog and a young guy that can melt even the hardest heart.
5. My Dog Skip (2000): The story of the relationship of a young boy and his dog. A lovely tale for kids.
6. Because of Winn-Dixie (2005): After a little girl is abandoned by her mother she moves in with her father, along with a lovely dog.
7. Babe (1995): A pig whose wish is to be a sheepdog is one of the most beloved children’s movies.
8. Beethoven (1992): The funny yet sentimental story of a man’s bonding with his pet.
9. King Kong (2005): Based on the 1933 movie by the same name, this sci-fi movie is a definite treat for kids.
10. Hachi: A Dog’s Tale: Based on a true story, this is a heartwarming movie and a must watch.
Ocean adventure movies have captured the fancy of many. A large number of breathtaking high adrenaline movies have been made over the years.
Here is a list of the top 5 ocean adventure movies which you are sure to love:
1. The Pirates of the Caribbean series: The Pirates of the Caribbean would never have been as it is without the presence of Captain Jack Sparrow, the notorious yet highly entertaining pirate.
2. Jaws series: What happens when you give the deadliest creature to roam the ocean the intelligence of a human? Tune in to the Jaws series to know more.
3. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World: The tale of a British warship in the time of Napoleonic war is one of the most gripping story of a ship ever told onscreen.
4. Open Water: When a diving boat by mistake leaves two divers in the ocean, it is a question of life and death and constant battle between man and the creatures of the ocean.
5. 20000 Leagues Under the Sea: An adaptation of the original story by Jules Verne, the movie is a classic and creates a league of its own.
Parenthood has always been a source of immense tension, stress, apprehension on one hand yet hope, joy & bliss on the other. Naturally it has been one of the most loved topics when it comes to comedy movies.
Here is a list of the top 5 funny movies about parenthood one should never miss whether one is having a few kids or not:
1. Life As We Know It (2010): The story of a bizarre couple Holly & Messer, two independent professional who hate each other after a disastrous blind date arranged by a common friend, who are left the job of raising the daughter of the friend after a fatal accident.
2. Three Men & a Baby (1987): Three bachelors trying to find their right partner end up with a baby left on their doorstep who becomes the “Daddy’s Girl” for all three.
3. I Don’t Know How She Does It (2011): The story of a working woman who juggles a high stress job along with her marriage and two children.
4. Yours Mine & Ours (2005): A widowed coast guard admiral & widowed handbag designer fall in love & marry much to the dislike of his 8 and her 10 children.
5. Motherhood (2009): Raising kid is a hell of a job. Check out how Eliza manages what seems to be miracle in a day.
Science Fiction has always been a favorite among kids. A number of science fiction movies and their exceptional success is a proof of the popularity of science fiction movies among kids and adults alike.
Here is a list of some of the best science fiction movies created over the past few decades:
1. Star Wars: The Star Wars remains one of the most loved science fiction movies which is still one of the most popular ones among the kids.
2. Jurassic Park: It is one of the path breaking dinosaur movies and is still considered among the top sci-fi movies ever made.
3. E.T. the Extra Terrestrial: An adorable movie of the friendship of a kid with an E.T., this is a tale that will bring tears to your eyes.
4. Independence Day: One of the most successful movies ever made on the topic of alien invasion, it still remains one of the best.
5. War of the Worlds: Another exceptional movie on alien invasion, it is a must watch.
6. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: A comedy sci-fi movie which has all the elements to become a fantastic child movie.
7. Back To The Future Trilogy: An exceptional tale told over three movies, you simply can’t miss this.
Animals have always been a fascination for most of us. Over the years numerous movies on animals have entertained many.
Here is a list of some of the classic animal movies which are a must watch:
1. White fang (1991):
The movie revolving around a teenage boy who follows on his father’s path. A thoroughly adventurous tale.
2. Old Yeller (1957):
A classic movie about a stray dog being adopted by a family.
3. Never Cry Wolf (1983):
Based on a true story of a naturalist who goes to Arctic for studying wolf.
4. Lassie Come Home (1943):
classic tale of friendship and bonding between a young boy and a dog.
5. The Red Pony (1949):
Based on the classic novel by Steinbeck it is the story of a young boy bonding with his horse and his ultimate escape from his family.
6. National Velvet (1944):
A heartwarming tale of a young girl and his horse. It has one of the best horseracing sequence ever shot.
7. My Friend Flicka (1943):
The lovely story of the relationship of a boy, a horse and the boy’s father.
8. Misty (1961):
The story is of a boy and a girl who becomes friend with wild horse.
9. The Black Stallion (1979):
A complete feast for any movie lover. A must watch.
10. Black Beauty (1994):
The story of the life of a horse.
It’s a Christmas season, lets get into festive spirit with the best Christmas movies for family especially for kids.
Here is the list of the top 5 animated Christmas movies for kids:
1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
2. Winnie The Pooh And Christmas Too
3. Micky’s Twice Upon A Christmas
4. The Life And Adventure Of Santa Claus
5. Frosty The Snowman
Here is the Best 4 Timeless Classic Movies for Kids:
To convey the timeless family values to your kids without the traditional teachy preachy approach, Marry Poppins is the perfect movie.
Pinnochio, as the story and the movie is something every child must see. The wooden puppet Pinnochio, his growing nose and the whole experience would be loved by the kids.
The Harry Potter series is something that every kid must watch for two reasons – one, it is full of entertainment & special effects and second, kids will learn to stand against evil.
What many kids dream of doing is very well depicted in this timeless classic by Disney, where Swiss Family Robinson lives in a wonderful tree house, on their own island, have waterslides in the backyard of their house and they race on ostriches.