Moral stories are a great way to imbibe some great lesson in your kids. It not only makes them aware of what is right and wrong, but also incorporates the habit of reading from an early stage.
Here is a list of some of the best moral short stories which we all have read over the years:
1. The Crow and the Pitcher: Presence of mind prevails over everything.
2. The Oak tree and the Reeds: Pride brings downfall.
3. The Hare and the Tortoise: Slow yet steady can even beat the fastest.
4. The Fox without Tail: Dirty tricks hardly ever work.
5. The Peacock and the Crane: Everyone has some quality, try not to look at the flaws.
6. The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse: Safety comes first.
7. The Fisherman and his wife: Seize the opportunity you have in hand.
8. The Wind and the Sun: Kindness is much stronger than severity.
9. An ant & a Grasshopper: One should get ready for the rough times when the time is good.
10. The Father, His Son and their Donkey: You Can’t Please Everyone.
Kids are always fascinated by fairy tales. These stories, though fictional, also contain some underlying meanings and also serve as moral stories apart from being a enchanting tale. Reading books is always a very good habit which must be encouraged from a very tender age. Gifting children fairy tales is a great way to ensure that they soon get into this habit.
Here is a list of some of the most beautiful fairy tales of all times:
1. Cinderella: The story of a simple girl who wins over a prince.
2. Rapunzel: A princess trapped in a high tower oblivious of the fact that she is a princess. Who will save her?
3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The magic mirror proclaims Snow White as the fairest, frightened she flees into the forest and befriends seven loving dwarfs. What happens next?
4. Beauty and the Beast: Can the Beauty really turn the Beast?
5. The Ugly Duckling: Shunted by her peers for being different can the duckling find her place?
6. Alladin: The Arabian Nights tale of a thief who ultimately wins over the kingdom.
7. The Gingerbread Man: An ideal story for the kids.
8. Sleeping Beauty: Who will wake up the beautiful princess from her indefinite sleep, and how?