YouTube is one of the most popular websites in the world. It has content on nearly every conceivable topic / thing in the world, be it sports, fitness, entertainment, politics or just random videos of people’s pets being cute.
While there’s a huge amount of content on YouTube that’s suitable for adults only, there’s also a lot of content that is suitable for kids. Last year, YouTube launched ‘YouTube for Kids’, an app that’s got YouTube videos that are suitable only for kids.
Unfortunately, bullying has been a staple of school life for as long as we can remember. 45% of young people experience bullying before the age of 18. More than 16,000 young people are absent from school because of bullying. 83% of young people say bullying has a negative impact on their self-esteem. 30% of young people have gone on to self-harm as a result of bullying. 10% of young people have attempted suicide as a result of bullying.
Bullying is as much a part of school life today as it ever was. What’s different today, however, is that much of that bullying and predatory behavior is happening online.
Today, there is no shortage of apps on the various app stores that offer anonymity to their users. These apps tend to be very popular with young people. They also tend to attract the worst elements of society, who want to prey on the insecurities and vulnerabilities of young people.
Education Magazines play an important role in India and it is one of the best source of latest information, knowledge and technology for everyone especially students and teachers. The main aim is to educate the public examination aspirants and students which also help to increase their ability skills, exam tips, GK, current affairs and many more.
Here is the top 10 largest circulated educational magazines in India:
WhatsApp for Kids? Yes, there is one for that.
Roo Kids is made by Gungroo Software. You can download here https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/roo-kids/id853763668?mt=8.
Parents want kids to explore, learn and master the digital world. But, the important concerns that parents have are:
- Strangers reaching out to their kids online
- Kids getting distracted during homework time or sleep time
The key features of Roo Kids that bring in safety are:
- Parents get to approve before anyone is added to their kid’s Contact list. Thus no stranger or unwanted person can sneak in
- Kids can block any existing friend with immediate effect
- Parents can set curfew time slots during which the live chat will not work
Roo Kids is for the iPad generation. This iPad generation is ready for messaging app like Roo Kids. We also believe that it is good for kids to experience a restricted app such as Roo Kids before moving into social networking sites, which provide less safety.
Features that make us cool.
- Parent creates the kid’s account and gets to choose the kid’s username
- No ‘Add Contact’ request reaches a kid unless approved by a parent
- Parents can set ‘Curfew Time’ during which the live chat will not work
- User Interface designed to appeal to kids
- Kids can report abusive content and users with immediate results
- All information (username, password, messages, etc.) are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- We do not display ads or sell / trade your personally identifiable information
Yes, your kid will love it! Check more info at Roo Kids site.
iPhone is one of the most sought after products at the moment. From kids to adult, the iPhone fever has caught up all across the globe.
Here is a list of a few fun apps which will ensure that you kids do not simply waste the time they are using the Smartphone:
This exciting app lets the kid sing along with the song while seeing the lyrics on the screen, or record or listen to the recorded songs.
2. Park Math
The math app will allow the kids learn mathematics in a fun way.
The educational app is addictive while making your children learn more advanced mathematics, matching and many more.
4. Zoo Train
Puzzle, matching, word recognition and many more, all in one app.
A great app which will help your child develop reading and writing skill.
Counting, matching, color recognition, differences, shapes, puzzles, a box full of fun.
Great app that help the children learn shapes and objects.
A great place to make the kid acquainted with various animal names and their sounds.
A combination of a number of educational activities.
Fun way of learning.
Animated movies have become one of the best pastimes for the entire family.
Here is a list of the top 10 movies you should not miss:
1. Ice Age series: The Ice Age movies have become a pioneer among the animated series with 4 movies, all massive hit.
2. Ratatouille: The story of a mouse and a chef, a lovely heartwarming tale of friendship and many more.
3. How To Train Your Dragon: It reestablishes the fact that even the most ferocious looking animal can be tamed by showing love.
4. Brave: A brave little movie which celebrates the importance of family bonds.
5. Tangled: A lovely adaptation from Rapunzel that is sure to make your heart melt.
6. Up: Determination is everything. This exceptional animated movie is a must watch.
7. Wall E: The adorable robot love story will make you fall in love all over again.
8. Finding Nemo: Essentially a story of the bond between a father and his son, this is one exceptional story.
9. Monsters, Inc: Monsters are not always scary and the power of love is far greater than that of fear. This movie strongly establishes the fact.
10. The Lion King: The Disney movie is one of the most loved of all time.
Having a collection of some of the best comedy movies for kids is always of great help. Be it the holidays or a party, having some movie time for kids is the best way to keep them occupied and entertained, and what best other than the comedy movies.
He re is a list of top 10 funny movies for kids:
1. Night At The Museum: Hilarious yet captivating tale of a night guard at a museum who finds that history do come alive, literally.
2. The Game Plan: When an “unknown” daughter of a famous rugby player turns up on his doorstep, his world changes forever.
3. The Princess Diaries: A sweet tale of a teenager who is burdened with responsibilities.
4. Ice Age Series: This is probably one of the longest successfully running series of animated movies. A must watch for everyone.
5. Kung Fu Panda: Can a fat and out of shape Panda actually be a Kung Fu master? Time to find out.
6. Dr. Doolittle: He can talk to animals.
7. Madagaskar Series: Wild and their wilderness, a laugh riot.
8. Baby’s Day Out: This movie will never grow old.
9. Despicable Me: When a criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls as pawns for a grand scheme, he finds their love is profoundly changing him for the better.
10. OZ The Great And Powerful: A small-time magician is swept away to the enchanted land of Oz and is forced into a power struggle between three witches.
Kids have always been fascinated by animals. Here is a list of the best movies for your little ones which is bound to give them a fantastic experience:
1. Cats & Dogs (2001): The age old war between cats and dogs is taken to the next level when a cat decides to take over the world.
2. Air Bud (1997): A golden retriever who can play fantastic basketball. A must watch.
3. Homeward Bound (1993): A bull dog, a golden retriever and a cat decides to go on a journey to find the family who abandoned them on a vacation.
4. Marley & Me (2008): A heartwarming tale of a dog and a young guy that can melt even the hardest heart.
5. My Dog Skip (2000): The story of the relationship of a young boy and his dog. A lovely tale for kids.
6. Because of Winn-Dixie (2005): After a little girl is abandoned by her mother she moves in with her father, along with a lovely dog.
7. Babe (1995): A pig whose wish is to be a sheepdog is one of the most beloved children’s movies.
8. Beethoven (1992): The funny yet sentimental story of a man’s bonding with his pet.
9. King Kong (2005): Based on the 1933 movie by the same name, this sci-fi movie is a definite treat for kids.
10. Hachi: A Dog’s Tale: Based on a true story, this is a heartwarming movie and a must watch.