Especially after High school, your child need your support and guidance more in making the right decision of their career path.
Here is the best five tips for helping your child in choosing the right career path:
1. Understand what your child is interested in and what she/he is good at
But, avoid assuming that your child will be happy with whatever you decided.
2. Encourage your child to come up with own opinion and a plan about the career path
Always have a open discussion about his choices and help his understand the pro and cons.
3. Do due research about the scope of the chosen career path
Investigate and get all the possible information needed to help your child. You child’s decision should be educated one. Even if they are choosing a risky career, they should be aware fo the odd or the challenge in front of them.
4. Consult the expertise or extended family members who are knowledgeable in the chosen field
Network, network and network to bring experienced people to counsel your child.
5. Encourage your child to talk to school or college teachers whom they trust and get their opinion
Schools are where careers are formed. The teachers have seen it before and peers are often better networked than the parents.